MTASA Regularly host events to support you and your student.
Personal Development, Performance and Conference events are a regular occurrence for the MTASA.
2021 MTASA Competition Day: The Miriam Hyde Awards
June 26, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
The Miriam Hyde Awards (Open & Junior) are open to students of MTASA members. The member must be the competitor’s principal teacher for the instrument.
1. The competition is open to
- Open: Students of any age
- Junior: Students of 15 years and under on the closing day of entry.
2. The Value of the Awards
- Open $500 (1st prize), $200 (2nd prize)
- Junior $300 (1st prize), $100 (2nd prize)
Entry fees are non-refundable.
3. Works to be performed:
Works by 3 composers* are to be performed, one of which is to be by Miriam Hyde.
- Baroque / Classical
- Romantic / Modern
- Miriam Hyde
*Singers may sing up to three songs by the same composer for each category.
- At least one work is to be played from memory.
- The works performed must be of at least Grade 7 AMEB standard or equivalent. (OPEN)
- The works performed must be at least Grade 4 AMEB standard or equivalent. There is no upper limit. (JUNIOR)
Time limit (playing time):
- Open: Min 15 mins, Max 25 mins
- Junior: Min 8 mins, Max 15 mins
4. No coaching is permitted during performance.
5. No still or video photographing or audio recording permitted during performance for copyright reasons.
6. Competitors must submit the titles and timings of works at the time of entry.
7. Copyright laws shall be observed by each entrant including completing and providing,
a) Entry Form;
b) APRA AMCOS Form No 1; and
c) An additional original copy of the music, OR a photocopy of the music together with a completed APRA AMCOS Form No 2, for the adjudicator. APRA/AMCOS Forms 1, 2 and 3 can be downloaded from http://apraamcos.com.au/media/5685/educational-licensing-copyright-declaration-form.pdf
8. Competitors are required to sign in.
9. The scholarship will not be awarded if an acceptable standard is not attained.
10. The competition will not be held unless three entries are received.
11. Competitors must be present for the adjudicator’s final summary and announcement of winners.
12. The decision of the adjudicator is final. The Music Teachers’ Association of SA Inc. accepts no responsibility for the decision.
CLOSING DATE: Friday May 28, 2021